Asus is highly popular due to their consistency, reliability and user-friendly interface. But like any other electronic device, it is also not free from error. Asus users face many error codes while using Asus. The Connection error 651 is one of the common error code that the users face at least once. Now, the thing is you must resolve the bug as soon as possible. Here are the easy solutions for you to deal with the problem. Or, you can also get in touch with our experts for immediate tech help.
Asus error 651 is a common windows issue which usually executes when a user tries to establish an internet connection by using PPPoE connections. It is further possible that users may have faced error 651 in the Windows system. According to Asus Router Customer Support experts, this is quite a common issue especially if you are a windows 7 user. To Fix Connection Failed Asus Error 651, just contact us Asus Router Technical Support.
The Connection Error 651 | An Insight Into The Error
Error 651 is a common error for those users who use the point to point protocol over ethernet. This can occur for various reasons. For instance, your bad network or your BIOS can’t detect the modem properly or there can be something wrong with your network driver as well. You may face the problem at any time while using the modem.
These are not the only causes of this error code. Have a word with our experts to know the exact cause and then we can also provide you with the most suitable solutions. Don’t worry, all these will take less than a minute.
Causes of Asus error 651
- Raspppoe.sys file have been saved in the wrong location.
- Registry errors.
- IP address conflict.
- When the Asus error 651 occurs, you will usually see this type of title: “Connection failed with error 651”.
Steps to Fix Connection Failed Asus Error 651
Step1: Reconnecting the Router
- Users are required to reconnect the internet connecting device first.
- Then turn off the router and then, after 5 minutes turn it on again.
Step 2: Resetting the TCP/IP
Reset the windows networking stack feature with a built-in tool
Step3: Recreating Dial-Up Connection
Recreating the dial-up connection can easily fix this issue.
Step4: Network & Sharing Center
- Right-click the broadband or dial-up connection and just create a copy of it.
- This process will further create a copy of all your existing connection.
- Delete the old connection and redial the new one.
Step5: Disable Auto Tuning Feature
- Launch the command prompt feature with all the defined administrative rights.
- Copy all the given commands and paste it in the command prompt as:
Netsh interface TCP set global autotuning=disabled
- Restart/reconnect the internet connection.
Step6: Disable IPv6 of Internet Connection
- Open the Control Panel and select the Network & Internet.
- Choose the Network & Sharing Center option.
- Click on the active network connection.
- Un-tick the Internet Protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and click on the “Ok” option.
Step7: Reinstall Network Adapter
- Go to the start menu and search for the devmgmt.msc command.
- Double click to launch the device manager and search for Network Adapters Category icon and click the “+” icon it’s left.
Step8: Perform Clean Boot
- Go to the start menu and search for the msconfig.exe command
- Click to launch the windows configuration process.
- Under the general tab section, just click the Selective startup option and then select the “Load startup it items” icon
- Switch to Services tab option and check for the Hide all Microsoft services icon.
- Click on the disable all option
Step 9: Now simply just restart your pc to perform a clean boot.
Alternate Ways to Fix Connection Failed Asus Error 651 in Windows 7, 8 and 10
There are many methods to fix the bug. So follow the method that is convenient for you.
Method 1: Restart Your Computer As Well As Modem
The most popular hack to resolve the error code is to restart the modem. To restart your computer turn it off and unplug it from the socket. After that, unplug your modem as well as all the cables connected with your modem and computer. Wait for sometime and reconnect them all. After reconnecting plug your modem as well as the computer with the power source and turn them on.
Method 2: Run The Troubleshooter
If you are facing the problem just because of the network, then check your network connection and run the troubleshooter. After this process, the error will be fixed with ease.
Method 3: Update The BIOS
You may face the problem just because of your BIOS. Your BIOS may fail to detect the modem properly. So try to update the BIOS as soon as possible.
After updating the BIOS the error code will be fixed. If not, then connect with us and let our experts resolve the error code.
Method 4: Update Your Network Card And Driver
You can get this error code just because of your old-versioned network card and driver. So update your network card and driver and restart your computer.
If you can’t resolve the connection error 651, then you can dial our Asus support helpline number. We will respond immediately.
Contact Us +1-877-552-8560 For The Best In Class Asus Support:
If you still have not able to Fix Connection Failed Asus Error 651 then immediately get in touch with us at our Asus router Helpline Number +1-877-552-8560 and resolve your issue instantly.
If you can’t solve your connection error 651, then all you need to do is consult with an expert. Connect with us and we will look into the matter to resolve it as soon as possible.
You can connect with us via three methods, Firstly you can ring us at our Asus support number. Secondly, you can drop us a mail at our Asus support mail id. Finally, you can avail of your live chat facility via Asus support live chat portal. We will provide you with on-call assistance at a pocket-friendly rate.